Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Blog for Making Book Connections


     Making Connections
        Making connections is when we make links
        between what we already know (our prior knowledge) and
              the text.

      These are the three kinds of connections we can make:

  1. Text to Self
     This is when we connect the text to our own experiences.
 Example: (This part's like the time I got a pet. That's kinda cool!)

  2. Text to Text
     Text to text connections are when we compare the text we are reading to other similar texts.
   These texts could be TV programs, visual texts, books, or in a movie.
 Example: (Elton John kind of reminds me of Elvis Presley.)

 3. Text to World
    This is when we connect what we are reading to things that really happen in the outside world.
  Example: (The country is facing a drought in the water reserves. This is like Manila, when the citizens are troubled by running out of clean, purified water.)

This topic helps me better understand what I have read because it helps me understand how it relates to our real world and because it helps me understand what goes on and how I can prevent the same thing from happening or how I can make things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment